Getting into a car accident when the other driver is drunk is far too common in Atlanta and throughout Georgia. When these types of accidents happen, you have the option to file a personal injury or wrongful death case and get compensation for the injuries and overall impact this accident has had on your life. Keep in mind, an Atlanta DUI car accident case with Tabbaa Law is totally separate from any criminal charges the drunk driver may be facing, and not something that automatically happens. You have to take action to file a winning car accident case. The good news is it only takes one call to the Atlanta DUI accident lawyers at Tabbaa Law to get this important process started.
How Do DUI Car Accident Cases Work?
Let’s start with the basics—driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol is illegal in Georgia. Not surprisingly, the drunker a driver is, the more likely they are to cause a serious or deadly car accident because they simply are not in the right state of mind to get behind the wheel. While these cases don’t differ too much from a sober car accident, the other side will still aggressively fight to limit their responsibility for the accident. This is true even if the driver is already convicted of a DUI while the personal injury case is going on and one of the many reasons why you want to work with an experienced Atlanta DUI accident lawyer rather than try to handle your case on your own.
- Document injuries: go see any and all doctors necessary to document your injuries and plan out a road to recovery following your accident. The sooner you see a doctor, the better as it is important to make sure you are connecting your injuries to the accident.
- File a case: the criminal case against a drunk driver is not a civil case for money. These are two separate cases and the civil case has to be something you actively pursue, it is not automatic. Too many DUI car accident victims wrongly assume that the two are connected, they are not!
- Evidence and arguments: Many wrongly assume that they will win their case simply because the other driver was drunk. That is not the case, especially when you want to get the most money possible following the crash. Insurance companies will still very aggressively fight to limit how much they pay you and liability, which is why these cases still require evidence and winning legal arguments in much the same way any car accident case works.
Ultimately, the value of your case depends on so many things, including: extent and nature of your injuries, missed/inability to work and the other impact the accident has had on your life. The bigger, the impact, the higher the case value. Our job as your Atlanta DUI car accident law firm is to maximize your case value and get you paid quickly! For many, cashing that large settlement check is not just a much-needed financial boost, it also provides a sense of closure and justice following an accident like this. We would love to provide all these things for you and your loved ones.
Common Atlanta DUI Car Accidents
With a loss of awareness, among other things, there are a lot of ways a drunk driver can get into an accident. Some of the more common types of DUI car accidents include:
- Wrong-way driving: over 80% of wrong-way driving accidents are because one of the drivers to the accident is impaired. These types of accidents are especially dangerous when the wrong way driving occurs in fast-moving scenarios such as the freeways.
- Rear-end: Not being able to tell spatial relations along with loss of concentration means that rear-end collisions are an extremely common type of DUI car accident. Whiplash, chest injuries and spine issues are just some of the injuries that are often the result of a rear-end collision.
- Side Swipe: Not being able to concentrate means that staying in a single lane is nearly impossible for a drunk driver. Veering into another late and hitting a car on the side is one of the most common types of Atlanta DUI car accidents we help our clients with.
Whatever the nature of your accident and extent of your injuries, Tabbaa Law is here to help. Call us now to set up your free consultation.
Our Atlanta DUI Car Accident Lawyers Are Here To Help
At Tabbaa Law, we are here to help you with your DUI car accident case. If you have been injured in a car accident by a drunk driver in the state of Georgia, we would love to help get you maximum compensation for your injuries. Hiring Tabbaa Law is easy—it only takes one call. We are ready to get started the moment you hire us so get in touch now.