The fresh air and highly responsive ride are just a couple of reasons people love to ride motorcycles in and around Atlanta. Unfortunately, those reasons are also why motorcycles are so much more injury-prone when they are in an accident: riders are significantly less protected than if they were in a car. Atlanta motorcycle accidents happen daily and leave the rider with mounting medical bills, disability needs and missed work that can cause financial ruin. You can get money to help cover all these things and more when you hire the Atlanta motorcycle accident lawyers at Tabbaa Law to take on your case. Call today to set up your free initial consultation with our firm!
How Much is Your Motorcycle Accident Worth?
Searching around Google and personal injury calculators to find out how much your case is worth will create seriously skewed expectations in both directions. If you want to find out how much your case is worth, you need to have a lawyer review the specific details of your accident as well as who the defendant is. Some of the areas of financial recovery for an accident include:
- Current and future medical bills/needs: from road rash to broken bones to permanent disability, your cause value should reflect the medical work you need now and down the line. You do not need to wait until you are recovered to file a lawsuit, we work with your doctors to forecast out your needs and pricing.
- Missed work/Inability to work: Missing work days is extremely common following any personal injury accident and the more serious ones leave an individual unable to work for an extended period of time, if ever. This money should not come out of your pocket!
- Pain and suffering: How has your motorcycle accident impacted your life and your relationships? Pain and suffering personal injury payments work to reflect the impact the accident has and get you compensated. Less formulaic than many people assume, we work hard to make sure that the impact is fully presented and paid to the fullest.
- Other: Can you no longer have intimate relationships? Are you depressed and nervous? The impact of your accident is personal to you but what we want to make sure is that every aspect of your life that is impacted is presented and paid for.
At Tabbaa Law, we take all our cases on a contingency fee basis which means that you do not pay us anything unless we get you paid. Hiring us means you have nothing to lose and everything to gain!
How Long Does A Motorcycle Accident Case Take?
A desire to be done and a need for the money are two very common feelings clients have around wanting to close this difficult chapter in their lives as soon as possible. Unfortunately, there is no set time for how long a case will take, but there are things within and out of your control that can serve to accelerate or slow the amount of time it takes to finalize your case. A winning Atlanta motorcycle accident case can take as little as a month or as long as a year, here are some o the factors that inform this timeline:
- Liability: the clearer the liability in a case is, the less time will be spent going back and forth and the more likely the insurance companies will agree to demands.
- Injuries: You need to see a doctor after an accident and this action on your part will also serve to speed things up! If you haven’t’ seen a doctor yet or not all of your injuries are diagnosed, we can get started on your case but need these important bills and diagnosis to fully go after things.
- Trial versus settlement: it is almost always faster to settle your case than it is to take one to trial. The vast majority of cases settle but there are instances in which trial is unavoidable or we think you will get a lot more money this way.
- Defendant: Who the defendant in your case is and their willingness to negotiate and financially accept responsibility matters.
One thing that you can feel confident in is that when you hire Tabbaa Law, we work hard to get your case finalized as quickly as possible but also making sure it is for as much money as possible. And we are always available to our clients for status updates and to answer questions about the process.
Experienced Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Atlanta, GA
As a winning Atlanta motorcycle accident lawyer, we would love to help you during this difficult time. Getting into a motorcycle crash or losing a loved one in this matter is devastating and while a wining case can’t undo the damage of the accident, it can greatly relieve the financial burden these accidents place on individuals and families. Call Tabbaa Law now to learn more—we are ready to get started today!